North West Kent
We have created a very successful academy where students from a wide variety of backgrounds and starting points can flourish and succeed. We have an extensive programme of enrichment and support that provides extra opportunities for personal development and growth.
Michael Gore, Principal
Students learn best when they feel valued, respected and have a sense of self worth. Furthermore, they develop self-confidence and a sense of community when able to interact with and learn from others across the widest possible age, social and cultural profile.
Wilmington Academy comprises of three small schools, Apollo, Minerva and Jupiter, designed around relationships. Whilst the vision and values are the same, each school has its own leadership, administration and student services support team. The modular culture and personalised approach to learning mean that no student is left behind. We are a reflective community, constantly reviewing our successes and adapting to bring about improvements in order to achieve:
- High-quality, inspirational and innovative teaching and learning
- Inspirational and accountable leadership at all levels
- Consistently high academic standards and expectations for every individual
- Creative, exciting and memorable experiences inside and outside the classroom.
- A safe, secure and caring environment in which to work and learn
- First class resources and state of the art facilities to support learning
- The Academy aims to be an outstanding, inclusive learning community where everyone is valued and every success is celebrated. The availability and delivery of provision will recognise this to ensure each student achieves their full potential. The Academy will also ensure that systems and structures recognise that access to learning is linked to capacity rather than being age-related.