Dartford Primary Academy
North West Kent
Dartford Primary Academy is a large, three-form-entry school with a split site: the infants and nursery are based at St Albans Road and the juniors at York Road. We have an excellent, established nursery provision with committed, dedicated staff.
Dartford Primary Academy is a welcoming, safe and happy place where everyone feels valued and is listened to. We aspire for all children to achieve their full potential in a stimulating environment that both nurtures and challenges them, enabling them to become independent, resilient learners. Our motto – Determined, Persistent, Achievers – underpins the values for all in the academy
Our aim is to provide a learning curriculum that ensures that every pupil, regardless of need or background, reaches their full potential and has a successful transition to their secondary setting as a well-informed, globally-aware young person. At Dartford Primary Academy, the breadth and depth of our curriculum, which is based on the philosophy of the International Baccalaureate (IB), ensures that students achieve these goals as the approach:
- provides access for all;
- promotes a positive attitude to learning;
- encourages international-mindedness in our pupils;
- challenges pupils to solve problems, show creativity and resourcefulness, and participate actively in our community;
- supports the development of communication skills to encourage enquiry and understanding, and to allow pupil reflection and expression;
- emphasises, through the learner profile, the development of the whole pupil – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Our curriculum has been carefully designed to enable the depth and breadth of the national curriculum to be explored through the transdisciplinary themes of the IB framework. A key focus throughout our curriculum intent is to enrich all pupils’ learning with co-curricular opportunities to broaden their cultural capital and enhance their life chances.
We are passionate about developing the cultural capital of our children and seek to explore as many exciting and inspiring activities as possible alongside their learning to prepare them for their next steps in life.