When you are ready to start your journey towards becoming a teacher, the first step is to get in touch with LAT’s talent team, who can help you plan your route into teaching. You can contact us in any of the following ways:
Every Friday, we offer the chance to meet a member of our talent team in person. Appointments typically last 45-60 minutes and are held at the Kent and Medway Training Head Office, based at The Leigh Academy in Dartford (DA1 1QE). You will be asked to bring a CV with you to use as a basis for the discussion. There is free parking available on site if you will be arriving by car.
During our first discussion, either over the phone or in person, we will cover the following:
- The reasons why you want to be a teacher;
- Your educational history to assess your eligibility;
- The routes that are available to you;
- How to obtain school experience;
- The timeline and deadlines for applications;
- The application process (including UCAS, interview, skills tests, etc.);
- The support that we can offer throughout the process.