Our Candidate Experience Charter outlines what any applicant can expect when making an application for any Leigh Academies Trust vacancy. The core values outlined below are aligned with our Leigh Academies Trust purpose and mission for ongoing success.
As an in-house talent team, we are making the promises below to our candidates so they know that they will have the best possible journey when applying to start their career with LAT.
- Any application made to Leigh Academies Trust will be reviewed fairly;
- All data will be kept safe, in line with General Data-Protection Regulations (GDPR) guidelines;
- Our application process will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete – this is to ensure we collect all important information which complies with safer recruitment policies under the Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation);
- Shortlisting and interview arrangements will take place promptly and all candidates will be provided with feedback by phone or email within a fair timeframe. Personalised interview feedback will be provided, wherever possible;
- A candidate who performs well during interview will be given the opportunity to be considered for future opportunities if not successful following their initial application, and will be added to a talent pool;
- We understand that finding a new role can be daunting, which is why LAT offers plenty of opportunities to get to know us before committing to an application. Keep an eye on our Recruitment Events page for further details;
- We ensure that our recruitment processes are free of unconscious bias and that protected characteristics play no part in our recruitment decisions. As a Trust, we believe that it is important that candidates can be themselves from start to finish and we believe that diversity of thought, opinion and background make our schools a great place to work.
We have boundless ambition
- We are proud of our people-centred approach with staff and applicants alike. We will ensure that candidates feel comfortable in our interview settings, enabling them to perform at their best and to showcase their skills and abilities, by sharing as much detail prior to the interview as possible so that candidates can prepare;
- Interviewing is a skill. To help you get prepared, we have a range of tips, tricks and advice which candidates can make use of;
- We want to grow our pool of talented teachers. We offer a successful teacher-training programme and are committed to developing the teachers of the future. You may be asked at your interview whether you have considered a career in teaching, and will be supported if this is something you are keen to explore.
We work together
- We work in partnership with candidates who have expressed an interest in or applied for a role with LAT to ensure they are knowledgeable about and happy with any opportunity presented to them;
- We work with the hiring team and with our shortlisted candidates to ensure that we can provide as much notice of interviews as possible;
- We will always treat all our candidates and colleagues with respect;
- We operate as impartial members of the hiring process to ensure all candidates have a fair opportunity to secure any role they may be interviewed for;
- If you can’t find a suitable position right now but are keen to work for the Trust, you can register for job alerts on our website to ensure that you receive notifications of future suitable opportunities.
We keep getting better
- As a team, we take pride in the relationships we build with our candidates. We welcome feedback and invite candidates to share their views on the selection process – email@example.com;
- The talent team will continue to review our interview and selection process to ensure that we maintain a fair, inclusive process;
- As a growing multi-academy trust, we are excited to be able to continually develop our offer to candidates within our portfolio of new, growing, well-established academies;
- The talent team will ensure that our recruitment knowledge and expertise is always up-to-date, will continue to share best practice with colleagues, and will take personal responsibility to keep up-to-date with educational sector changes.