Our Candidate Experience Charter outlines what any applicant can expect when making an application to any Leigh Academies Trust vacancy. The core values outlined below are aligned with our Leigh Academies Trust purpose and mission for ongoing success.
As an in-house Talent Team, we are making the below promise to our candidates so they have the best possible journey when applying to start their career with LAT.
- Any application made to Leigh Academies Trust will be reviewed fairly;
- All data will be kept safe in line with GDPR guidelines;
- Our application process will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete – this is to ensure we collect all important information which complies with safer recruitment policies (Keeping Children Safe in Education);
- Shortlisting and interview arrangements take place promptly, and all candidates will be provided feedback by phone or email within a fair timeframe. Personalised interview feedback will be provided, wherever possible;
- A candidate who performs well during their interview will be given the opportunity to be considered for future opportunities (if not successful within their initial application), and will be added to a Talent Pool;
- We understand finding a new role can be daunting which is why LAT offers plenty of opportunities to get to know us before committing to an application. Keep an eye on our Recruitment Events page for further details; and
- We ensure our recruitment processes are free of unconscious bias and that protected characteristics play no part in our recruitment decisions. As a Trust we believe that it is important that candidates can be themselves from start to finish and we believe that diversity of thought, opinion and background make our schools a great place to work.
We have boundless ambition
- We are proud of our people-centred approach (with staff and applicants alike). We will ensure candidates can feel comfortable in our interview settings to be able to perform at their best and to showcase their skills and abilities, by sharing as much detail prior to the interview as possible so that candidates can best prepare;
- Interviewing is a skill. To help you get prepared we have a range of tips and tricks and advice which candidates can make use of; and
- We want to grow our pool of talented teachers. We offer a successful teacher training programme as we are committed to developing the teachers of the future. You may be asked at your interview if you have considered a career in teaching, and supported if this is something you are keen to explore.
We work together
- We work in partnership with candidates who have expressed an interest in or applied for a role with LAT to ensure they are knowledgeable of and happy with any opportunity presented to them;
- We work with the hiring team and with our shortlisted candidates to ensure we can provide as much interview notice as possible;
- We will always treat all our candidates and colleagues with respect;
- We operate as an impartial member of the hiring process to ensure all candidates have a fair opportunity at any role they may interview for; and
- If you can’t find a suitable position right now but are keen to work for the Trust, you can register for job alerts on our website so that you receive notifications of future suitable opportunities.
We keep getting better
- As a team, we take pride in the relationships we build with our candidates. We welcome feedback and invite candidates to share their views on the selection process – firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The Talent Team will continue to review our interview and selection process to ensure we maintain a fair and inclusive process;
- As a growing multi-academy trust, we are excited to be able to continually develop our offering to candidates within our portfolio of new, growing and well established academies; and
- The Talent Team ensures our recruitment knowledge and expertise is always up-to-date, we continue to share best practice with our colleagues, and take personal responsibility to keep up-to-date education sector changes.