The Leigh Academy
The Leigh Academy is a centre of educational excellence serving the whole community of Dartford. Our students meet and work together in a well-ordered and harmonious community.
We are a high-performing school which takes students of all abilities. Our success is built on the traditional values of pride, respect and hard work in a modern, hi-tech learning environment. Our performance is regularly rated among the top ten state schools nationally for value added.
Opening in 1990 as one of only fifteen City Technology Colleges across the country, The Leigh has been at the forefront of education. We are constantly looking for new ways to make learning exciting and powerful. As a City Academy from September 2007, we now work more closely with the Local Authority and other local schools, while retaining our independence and our own unique culture.
The Leigh is committed to helping each individual achieve more than she/he thought was possible. Some key features of our unique brand of learning include:
- 4 College structure – small schools model
- Vertical Tutoring – students from Years 7 to Post 16 meet each day as a tutor group
- Personal Tutoring and the development of each student’s emotional intelligence
- Two year Key Stage 3
- Strong Vocational Curriculum offered by every Learning Area
- Strong community, national and international partnerships
- Large group teaching
- Innovative use of ICT