Dartford Primary Academy
Dartford Primary Academy is a large three-form entry school with a split site (Infants and Nursery based at St Albans Road and Juniors based at York Road). We have an excellent, established nursery provision with committed, dedicated staff.
Dartford Primary Academy is a welcoming, safe and happy place where everyone feels valued and is listened to. We aspire for all children to achieve their full potential in a stimulating environment that both nurtures and challenges them, enabling them to become independent and resilient learners. Our motto – Determined, Persistent, Achiever – underpins the values for all in the academy
Our aim is to provide a learning curriculum that ensures every pupil, regardless of need or background, reaches their full potential and has a successful transition to their secondary setting as a well-informed, globally aware young person. At Dartford Primary Academy our curriculum uses the philosophy of the IB as the framework to underpin a breadth and depth of coverage to ensure it:
- provides access for all,
- promotes a positive attitude to learning,
- encourages international-mindedness in our pupils,
- challenges pupils to solve problems, show creativity and resourcefulness, and participate actively in our community;
- supports the development of communication skills to encourage enquiry, understanding and to allow pupil reflection and expression;
- emphasises, through the learner profile, the development of the whole pupil – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Our Curriculum has been carefully designed to enable the depth and breadth of the national curriculum to be explored through the transdisciplinary themes of the IB framework. A key focus through our curriculum intent is to enrich all pupils learning with co-curricular opportunities to enrich their cultural capital and life chances.
We are passionate about developing the Cultural capital of our children and seek to explore as many exciting and inspiring activities alongside their learning to prepare them for their next steps in life.